MANILA - Ayala's eco-community estate Nuvali denied a viral Facebook post saying a woman died of snakebite but admitted an incident at the "Magical Field of Lights," an outdoor lights and sounds show in Sta. Rosa, Laguna.
In a statement, Nuvali said a woman had been bitten by a snake in the venue last November 20 but she did not die as the serpent was not venomous.
"For your information, there was one isolated incident and snake was NOT venomous. The girl was treated on site, taken to RITM for observation and released the next day," Nuvali said.
Nuvali General Manager John Estacio told ABS-CBN News that the snake that bit the woman was a Philippine rat snake. He said the serpent was caught after the incident.
He said the woman was only admitted to the hospital as a precaution but the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine already told them that she was safe.
Following the incident, Estacio said Nuvali staff have already cut the grasses in the area. He added that their personnel are also clearing the place everyday before they open.
"Nag-grass cut na, tapos everyday bago mag-start, sini-sweep namin 'yun nilalakaran ng mga 20 or more na tao kini-clear talaga to make sure there's nothing wrong in the area," he said.