Another Mandaluyong village to undergo 'hard lockdown': mayor

ABS-CBN News

Posted at May 10 2020 09:38 AM | Updated as of May 10 2020 09:57 AM

Watch more in iWantTFC

MANILA - Another barangay in Mandaluyong City will be placed under a "hard lockdown" for 3 days beginning Monday to make way for the residents' testing for coronavirus, its mayor said Sunday.

Barangay Mauway is a neighboring village of Welfareville Compound, which was placed under a similar quarantine measure last week, according to Mayor Carmelita Abalos.

The city's biggest village, Barangay Addition Hills, was also placed under a hard lockdown from May 7 to 13.

"Hindi kasing tagal ng Addition Hills. Mas maliit nang kaunti ito. Mga 3 araw lang matatapos natin ang mass testing," Abalos told ABS-CBN's Teleradyo.

Food packs will be delivered to residents before the hard lockdown, the mayor said.

"Bago namin hina-hard lcokdown, pinamimigay na namin po yung kanilang amelioration at groceries para alam naman nating di sila magugutom," she said.

Some 1,400 residents of villages under the total lockdown have undergone rapid testing, with 30 percent of them turning out positive, Abalos said.

The city, however, will do confirmatory tests with polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test kits, she added.

The mayor also assured the public that some 1,000 residents who have yet to receive cash aid from the national government would receive the assistance as the deadline for distribution was set Sunday.