MANILA – Two Americans wanted by US federal authorities on assault and battery chargers were arrested in separate incidents in Baguio and Mandaluyong City, the Bureau of Immigration said.
The suspects, Apollo Cioffi and William Schweizer face deportation after they were captured by elements of the bureau’s Fugitive Search Unit, BI Commissioner Jaime Morente said.
Cioffi, 46, was arrested on March 1 inside a mall in Baguio City. He is wanted by authorities in California for assault. A superior court in San Francisco reportedly issued a warrant for his arrest.
Schweizer, 32, was nabbed inside his unit at the Tivoli Garden Residences in Mandaluyong on March 5. He is the subject of an arrest warrant issued by a circuit court in Broward County, Florida after he was charged with felony battery by strangulation.
Both fugitives are overstaying and undocumented aliens as their passports were already revoked by the US State Department, said BI-FSU Chief Bobby Raquepo said
Cioffi had been in hiding in the country since March 10 last year while Schweizer has been in the Philippines since July 2015.