LP, Aksyon, PMP fail to submit SOCE
Pia Gutierrez, ABS-CBN News
MANILA - Three national political parties failed to submit their Statement of Contributions and Expenditures (SOCE), according to the Commission on Elections (Comelec).
The poll body said the Liberal Party (LP), Aksyon Demokratiko and Pwersa ng Masang Pilipino (PMP) failed to file their SOCE by Wednesday.
The national political parties that met the June 8 deadline are the following:
- Akbayan Citizen's Action Party,
- Kilusang Bagong Lipunan,
- Lakas Christian Democrats Party,
- Makabayang Koalisyon ng Mamamayan,
- Nacionalista Party,
- Nationalist Peoples' Coalition,
- Partidong Demokratiko Pilipino Lakas ng Bayan,
- People's Reform Party,
- United Nationalist Alliance, and
- Workers & Peasants Party.
The LP has asked for a 14-day extension from the Comelec to file the SOCE for the party and its standard bearer, Mar Roxas.
The party cited the voluminous number of receipts which have to be scanned and attached to the document in the interest of complete transparency.
The poll body requires candidates to declare the amount of campaign contributions they received, whether in cash or in kind, and the amount they spent for their campaign.