LOS ANGELES -- Pop newcomer Lizzo led the Grammy nominations on Wednesday with eight nods, followed by 17-year-old alt-pop sensation Billie Eilish and country rapper Lil Nas X with six apiece.
Lizzo, Eilish and Lil Nas X scored nods for the top awards - album and record of the year, as well as best new artist.
The trio will compete in the album of the year race with Bon Iver, Lana del Rey, Ariana Grande, Vampire Weekend and H.E.R.
The three artists have enjoyed a break-out year with hits like "Truth Hurts" (Lizzo), "Bad Guy" (Eilish) and "Old Town Road" (Lil Nas X and Billy Ray Cyrus).
Their domination of the nominations injected new life into the Grammy Awards, overshadowing established artists including Taylor Swift, who was omitted from the album and record of the year categories.
Swift, whose new album "Lover" is one of the year's biggest sellers, was nominated for song of the year for the title track and for best pop vocal album and pop solo performance.
The Grammy Awards, chosen by members of the Recording Academy, are the highest honors in the music industry and will be handed out in Los Angeles on Jan. 26 in a ceremony hosted by Alicia Keys.
The following is a list of nominations in key categories:
ALBUM OF THE YEAR
- "I, I" — Bon Iver
- "Norman F***ing Rockwell!" — Lana Del Rey
- "When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?" — Billie Eilish
- "Thank U, Next" — Ariana Grande
- "I Used to Know Her" — H.E.R.
- "7" — Lil Nas X
- "Cuz I Love You (Deluxe)" — Lizzo
- "Father of the Bride" — Vampire Weekend
RECORD OF THE YEAR
- “Hey, Ma” — Bon Iver
- “Bad Guy” — Billie Eilish
- “7 Rings” — Ariana Grande
- “Hard Place” — H.E.R.
- “Talk” — Khalid
- “Old Town Road” — Lil Nas X Featuring Billy Ray Cyrus
- “Truth Hurts” — Lizzo
- “Sunflower” — Post Malone & Swae Lee
SONG OF THE YEAR
- “Always Remember Us This Way” — Natalie Hemby, Lady Gaga, Hillary Lindsey & Lori McKenna, songwriters (Lady Gaga)
- “Bad Guy” — Billie Eilish O’Connell & Finneas O’Connell, songwriters (Billie Eilish)
- “Bring My Flowers Now” — Brandi Carlile, Phil Hanseroth, Tim Hanseroth & Tanya Tucker, songwriters (Tanya Tucker)
- “Hard Place” — Ruby Amanfu, Sam Ashworth, D. Arcelious Harris. H.E.R. & Rodney Jerkins, songwriters (H.E.R.)
- “Lover” — Taylor Swift, songwriter (Taylor Swift)
- “Norman F***ing Rockwell” — Jack Antonoff & Lana Del Rey, songwriters (Lana Del Rey)
- “Someone You Loved” — Tom Barnes, Lewis Capaldi, Pete Kelleher, Benjamin Kohn & Sam Roman, songwriters (Lewis Capaldi)
- “Truth Hurts” — Steven Cheung, Eric Frederic, Melissa Jefferson & Jesse Saint John, songwriters (Lizzo)
BEST NEW ARTIST
- Black Pumas
- Billie Eilish
- Lil Nas X
- Maggie Rogers
- Tank and the Bangas
BEST POP SOLO PERFORMANCE
- "Spirit" Beyonce
- "Bad Guy" Billie Eilish
- "7 Rings" Ariana Grande
- "Truth Hurts" Lizzo
- "You Need to Calm Down" Taylor Swift
BEST POP VOCAL ALBUM
- "The Lion King: The Gift" Beyoncé
- "When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?" Billie Eilish
- "thank u, next" Ariana Grande
- "No. 6 Collaborations Project" Ed Sheeran
- "Lover" Taylor Swift
BEST RAP ALBUM
- "Revenge Of The Dreamers III" Dreamville
- "Championships" Meek Mill
- "I Am > I Was" 21 Savage
- "Igor" Tyler, The Creator
- "The Lost Boy" YBN Cordae
BEST R&B PERFORMANCE
- “Love Again” Daniel Caesar & Brandy
- “Could’ve Been” H.E.R. Featuring Bryson Tiller
- “Exactly How I Feel” Lizzo Featuring Gucci Mane
- "Roll Some Mo” Lucky Daye
- "Come Home” Anderson .Paak Featuring André 3000
BEST COUNTRY ALBUM
- "Desperate Man" Eric Church
- "Stronger Than Truth" Reba McEntire
- "Interstate Gospel" Pistol Annies
- "Center Point Road" Thomas Rhett
- "While I'm Livin" Tanya Tucker