When the “BER” months start, what is the first thing that comes to your mind?
Entrepreneurs are the happiest during this season because this means a lot of people going shopping to find the perfect gifts for their family and friends. Restaurants are also packed with customers because of school and family reunions.
An entrepreneur’s life is doubly busy during this time of the year and sometimes they sacrifice so much just to make sure that the business runs smoothly.
As an entrepreneur, do you have personal thoughts about Christmas? Would you say that you have outgrown Christmas?
I know some people would say that Christmas is just for kids and that Christmas for grown ups is just like any other day.
But I don’t feel that way. I still look forward to it. Why? Let me tell you the many reasons.
1. Christmas is the time when I get to relive my childhood memories. I cherish all of those times when my siblings and I would gather around the Christmas tree and we’re all excited to open our presents.
I love the smell of Christmas. It makes me feel that warmth- a very cheery feeling and atmosphere.
2. The “Simbang Gabi” when I was a child meant not just going to the church but showing our love for Christ. For a young mind, the early morning mass was also about “puto bumbong”, “bibingka”, and hot cocoa.
3. Christmas carols remind me of the love of the family. These were happy times when relatives from abroad would come home to the Philippines and celebrate with us, and adults exchanged stories and children played together. The noise was always a kind of music to my ears.
4. Remember all those Christmas fairs? Seeing those happy faces reminds me that there is joy in life despite all the problems that we had in the past months. Christmas is a time of joy and love – to spend with your loved ones, no matter how meagre your noche buena may be.
5. But most of all, Christmas is about the birth of our Lord. More than the giving of gifts to one another, we should honor the birth of Jesus Christ. And also, let us not forget our departed loved ones, as well. Let us light a candle for them.
Now that I am older, I have my own two grandsons, I enjoy Christmas even more. I love to share with them stories when I was a kid and teach them values that they should learn to live by as they grow up.
As a kid I used to wish for so many toys. But as I grew older, I realized that there was more to life than those gifts. And that is what I teach my grandsons- to be instruments of God, so they may share their blessings and be helpful to others. Instead of just expecting to receive gifts, they should also learn to give to others.
Our Christmas celebrations are not as extravagant as other families. But the huge family that we have makes it grander because we feel the love and spirit of Christmas, not only during this time, but all year round. We don’t get to be together all the time, but when we do, we truly make the most out of it.
This season, I hope every entrepreneur will not forget to give back. There are so many people living in the streets and people living under the care of hospices who need more than gifts this Christmas. Do share your blessings as it will come back to you a hundred fold.
Don’t make yourself too busy that you skip Christmas. It is the one time of the year where you need to give yourself and your family quality time to be together. You don’t need anything fancy for your Christmas celebration. All you need is to be with one another, to have a meaningful celebration. It is the best time to catch up. Share the love with everyone and infect others with your gracious heart.
Merry Christmas to all!
For questions and more information, you may contact Armando "Butz" Bartolome
by email: email@example.com
His website is https://www.gmbmsglobal.com