MANILA - A portion of G. Araneta Avenue Extension will be closed this weekend due to the construction of the Skyway Stage 3 project, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) said Friday.
Road closures will be implemented between Aurora Boulevard in Quezon City and N. Domingo in San Juan City during daytime or from 6 a.m. to 7 a.m. on Saturday (Sept. 21) and Sunday (Sept. 22) to give way to the installation of girders for the Skyway, the MMDA said in an advisory.
Motorists are advised to take the following alternate routes:
• From N. Domingo to G. Araneta Ave. and R. Magsaysay Blvd., take F. Roman or H. Lozada St., or J. Ruiz St., left at Aurora Blvd. to destination.
• From R. Magsaysay Blvd. and G. Araneta Ave. to N. Domingo, take Aurora Blvd., right at A. Luna St. or right at A. Lake St., right or left at N. Domingo to destination.
Weekend road reblocking will also be implemented from 11 p.m. Friday (Sept. 20) until 5 a.m. Monday (Sept. 23) in the following areas:
• EDSA Bansalangin to North Ave. U-turn (5th lane from sidewalk)
• G. Araneta Ave. T. Arguelles to Bayani
• C-5 Road near Market Market
• Taguig City fronting Palar Village 254 M before KM 17+000
• Quirino Highway Salvia St. to before Belfast Road (outer lane)
• Elliptical Rd after Maharlika St. (8th lane from outer sidewalk)
• Novaliches General Luis St. Samote St. to SB Road
• A. Bonifacio Ave. J. Pineda to Marvex Drive (1st lane from sidewalk)
• EDSA after P. Tuazon underpass (1st lane from center island)
• Katipunan Ave./C-5 after C.P Garcia St. (truck lane)