Disclosure: All data provided are from the Department of Health’s various information sites including their data drop. Where appropriate, other graphs, illustrations, tables and data are appropriately referenced.
November 20, 2020 (updated)
With a total of 1,639 new cases in the Philippines, Davao City continues to lead among the cities/municipalities in the country. Three provinces in the CALABARZON area – Laguna, Rizal and Cavite – add to the haul. Quezon City is the only city in the National Capital Region in the top five.
There were 27 new deaths reported as well.
Yesterday’s data breakdown
- While NCR and CALABARZON continue to lead the daily haul, Davao Region came in third for most cases based on region. Davao del Sur had the most cases in the country based on Province. And Davao City was on top with the most cases based on cities/municipalities.
- All five provinces in the CALABARZON region were in the top ten provinces outside of the National Capital Region that contributed to the pool of cases yesterday.
- There were eight cities in NCR in the top 20 cities/municipalities with most cases.
- The new entrants were: San Fabian in Pangasinan and San Pascual in Batangas, which ranked 9th and 16th, respectively.
With more than close to 600,000 new cases yesterday and 11,133 new deaths (a new world record for most deaths in a single day), the world now has more than 57,000,000 cases.
The United States continued to lead globally with numbers close to 200,000 new cases yesterday pushing their total past 12 million cases. There was also more than 2,000 new deaths yesterday.
Incidentally, the United States has had over 175,000,000 tests done as of this writing, which brings them now to more than 530,000 tests/million population (or 1 in every other individual are tested). The UK has had over 40,000,000 tests done bringing their per capita to 600,000 tests/million population!
Because there are now eleven countries with more than 1 million cases each, instead of posting the top ten, the countries with more than one million cases will be announced daily.
India crosses the 9,000,000 mark in total cases.
- Global case fatality rate is up for the first time at 2.4 percent from 2.39 percent due to the world record high cases reported yesterday.
- Six European nations were among the top ten contributors to the pool of new cases yesterday – Italy, Poland, Germany, UK, France and Spain.
San Fabian, Pangasinan
This first class municipality in the province of Pangasinan has a population of more than 83,000 (based on 2015 census). It sits on a little over 80 sq km of land, making this municipality relatively dense, with 1,000 inhabitants/sq km. The major attraction in San Fabian are the numerous beaches and churches in town.
The first Covid case was reported on April 2 (swabbed March 26).
There was no case in May, only 1 in June, 2 in July, 7 in August, 11 in September and 14 in October. From November 1-19, there were 35 cases reported. To date, San Fabian has a total of 71 cases with 3 deaths for a case fatality rate of 4.23 percent. Higher than the national and world average.