Disclosure: All data provided are from the Department of Health’s various information sites. Where appropriate, other graphs, illustrations, tables and data are appropriately referenced.
September 23, 2020 (updated)
- 2,833 newly reported cases today brings our total to 294,591
- 43 percent of the total are from the National Capital Region.
- Of the 1,222 cases reported today from NCR, only 968 (79 percent) are recent (from September 10 – 23).
- Of the 2,833 cases, 80 percent or 2,280 are recent (September 10 – 23, 2020)
- And the backlogs are back, especially in NCR and CALABARZON that continue to rake in cases all the way back from March.
- Western Visayas has 328 cases today, with 314 (96 percent) being recent.
- Other regions with triple digits are: Central Luzon with a total of 259 cases (223 recent) and CALABARZON with a total of 637 (456 recent)
- Recovery rate is down to 78.5 percent in spite of 765 recoveries
- 44 deaths reported today leaves the case fatality rate unchanged at 1.73 percent.
- Most of the deaths are from NCR (23)
- Most of the reported deaths are recent (21 of 44 occurring in September)
- One case was previously tagged dead but on validation was confirmed to be alive
- Twenty one cases previously tagged as recoveries were removed from the list after further validation.
- 130 testing centers (100 RT-PCR and 30 GenExpert)
- 3,254,852 individuals tested (around 30,000 tests/million population)
Yesterday’s data breakdown
- NCR and Region IVA continued to lead in cases. However, Region VI was in third, followed by Region III, and CARAGA was back in the top five.
- 88 percent of the data were up-to-date yesterday.
- The daily positivity rate has hovered below the 10 percent mark for the past 10 days (although slightly up at 8.7 percent for the country last September 21, 2020)
- NCR will always be on top of the heap. 583 total cases yesterday, The city of Manila led the region and the country with 106 newly announced cases.
- The top 10 provinces with the highest cases were as follows:
- The top 20 cities/municipalities with the highest cases were:
- When broken down based on this format, notice that several cities outside of the regions and provinces with highest cases in actuality contribute significantly to the pool of cases of coronavirus. For example, Baguio City had more cases than Taguig, and Butuan City had more cases than Marikina. Davao City actually had more cases than Bacolod yesterday and Marawi city had more cases than Cabuyao.
- Case fatality rate: 3.07 percent
- While there were lesser cases and deaths overnight, this isn’t the true picture because many countries do not provide reports on weekends.
- India continues to lead in cases and deaths overnight.