In the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, Wilcon Depot, the Philippines’ leading home improvement and construction supply retailer, releases a total of PHP 100 million financial assistance to its employees and community partners during the month-long enhanced community quarantine in Luzon.
Considering its employees as the company’s top asset, Wilcon allocates PHP 80 million to support its affected workforce in spite of the discontinuation of work in corporate offices and stores amidst COVID-19 crisis.
You may also like:
- Meet the Filipino scientist who invented the low-cost COVID-19 testing kits
- Cancelled flights because of the community quarantine? Here are your options
- This group of restos and caterers are providing free meals to frontliners treating COVID-19 patients
- UPDATED! As of March 19, here are the restaurants in Metro Manila taking orders for takeout and delivery
- 10 tough lessons that freelancers have learned amid the community quarantine
- A group of doctors and their friends just raised PHP 10 million to buy COVID-19 testing kits
As the company responds to make provisions for their employees to cope with the situation, Wilcon employees will receive their salaries in full during the duration of the Enhanced Community Quarantine. Wilcon believes that during this challenging time, prioritizing its employees’ safety and well-being is essential.
Furthermore, the company has extended beyond its structure by supporting efforts that will help frontliners and families in need. Wilcon has allocated another PHP 20 million pesos to support ABS-CBN Lingkod Kapamilya Foundation and GMA Kapuso Foundation. This is to help the two networks in their efforts to provide medical supplies for healthcare workers as well as food and basic needs to poor families whose source of living has been affected by the community quarantine.
Wilcon Depot announced temporary closure of its stores located in Metro Manila and the rest of Luzon, and suspended its retail operations in support of the government’s effort to fight against the spread of COVID-19.
For more updates about Wilcon, you can log on to wilcon.com.ph and follow their social media accounts on Facebook and Instagram at @wilcondepot.ph.