Philippines to start apprehending motorcycle back-riding violators July 20

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Jul 15 2020 12:24 PM

Watch also in iWant or TFC.tv

MANILA – Authorities will start apprehending those who violate the new measure on motorcycle back-riding starting July 20, Interior Secretary Eduardo Año said Wednesday.

“Binibigyan natin ng isang linggo ang ating mga riders at motorcycle para makapag-comply sa mga barrier,” he said.

In an interview on ABS-CBN Teleradyo, Año said that for now, those who started pillion riding on motorcycles without installing a barrier first are flagged and cautioned.

“Sa ngayon sinisita sila, kino-caution sila pero starting Monday magpapatupad na ang ating JTF (Joint Task Force) Shield ng panghuhuli sa mga hindi susunod at dapat naakayon ka sa specs na in-approve ng national task force,” he said.

The Inter-Agency Task Force on the government’s COVID-19 response allowed last week back-riding on motorcycles but only for couples living on the same household.

The IATF approved the recommendation submitted by Bohol Gov. Arthur Yap. Yap’s prototype is a protective shield mounted in between the rider and the passenger to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus.

Aside from Yap, the IATF also approved other designs for the barrier including that of George Royeca of Angkas.