NBI eyes other 'persons of interest' linked to 'Bikoy' videos

ABS-CBN News

Posted at May 06 2019 10:32 AM

Watch also in iWant or TFC.tv

The National Bureau of Investigation on Monday said it is continuing a forensic probe into the computers of a man who shared videos linking the Duterte family in the narcotics trade. 

Rodel Jayme, who was arrested last week, admitted to creating the a website later used to host the videos. The videos showed a hooded figure named "Bikoy" who accused several relatives and allies of President Rodrigo Duterte of accepting drug payoffs. 

"Initial pa lang iyung forensic examination namin sa mga computer na naglink sa kanya. Medyo mahirap kasi iyun, talagang hihimay-himayin namin," said NBI Cybercrime Division chief Victor Lorenzo. 

(Our forensic examination of the computers that linked him to the issue is still in the initial stage. It's difficult because we need to comb through that.) 

The NBI is also looking into several other "persons of interest" with possible links to the Bikoy videos, said Lorenzo, without providing additional details. 

Jayme earlier said 2 supporters of the opposition Liberal Party tapped him to create the website, but he was not responsible for its content. The party has denied any involvement with the videos titled "Ang Totoong Narcolist." 

Jayme remains under NBI custody, said Lorenzo. 

DZMM, 6 May 2019