PBA: No complaints from SMB's Tubid after sanctions in 'Spider-Man' incident

Camille B. Naredo, ABS-CBN News

Posted at May 27 2019 05:11 PM

A man dressed in a Spider-Man costume enters the court during Game 5 of the PBA Philippine Cup finals. Richard Esguerra, ABS-CBN Sports

MANILA, Philippines – San Miguel's Ronald Tubid readily accepted the sanctions given to him following his involvement in the "Spider-Man" incident during Game 5 of the 2019 PBA Philippine Cup finals earlier this month.

Tubid, along with teammate Kelly Nabong, were fined P75,000 each and suspended for their first three games of the conference after they were caught punching "Spider-Man," who was later identified as Paolo Felizarta.

"Noong after the incident, sabi ko naman na, nag-sorry ako, then sabi ko, kung anong parusa ng PBA, man enough to (accept) the consequence, 'di ba," said Tubid.

"It's PBA rules… Professional naman ako, lalaki naman ako na tatanggapin lahat eh," he added.

Tubid again apologized to Felizarta, as well as to PBA commissioner Willie Marcial for his role in the incident.

Aside from Tubid and Nabong, also fined P50,000 each were SMB team officials Daniel Henares and Dr. Ramon Ibanez.

Felizarta entered the court in the closing stretch of Game 5 of the finals between San Miguel and Magnolia, bumping into SMB center June Mar Fajardo before he was taken by security.

Though he is suspended, Tubid will still attend San Miguel's practices.

"Kailangan ng drill sergeant," he said. "Practice pa rin, kahit na suspended ng three games. Hindi pwedeng mag-miss ng practice."

For more sports coverage, visit the ABS-CBN Sports website.