The damage to infrastructure and agriculture due to the onslaught of typhoon Nina (international name: Nock-Ten) has reached P4.96 billion, the latest post-disaster report revealed Friday.
According to the latest report released by the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC), 123,596 houses in Calabarzon, Mimaropa, Bicol and Eastern Visayas were destroyed.
The government has already disbursed P103 million to send relief packs to 336,266 affected families, disaster officials said.
Based on the latest data, 68,315 families will be staying in 659 evacuation areas entering the new year.
Some towns in Nina-hit provinces could be without power over the new year weekend, as the Department of Energy starts to replace toppled power lines.
"It's not easy to restore 34 toppled towers and 581 affected 69kv poles," Gil Listano, head of the operations and maintenance management department at the National Grid Corporation of the Philippines, said earlier this week.
The Nina death toll is at 3. Authorities are still searching for 10 people who went missing during the height of the typhoon, the NDRRMC said.