After conviction, Napoles insists on staying in Camp Bagong Diwa

Adrian Ayalin, ABS-CBN News

Posted at Dec 19 2018 05:24 PM

MANILA - Businesswoman and plunder convict Janet Lim Napoles insisted that she must remain in the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology facility inside Camp Bagong Diwa in Taguig City.

“The subject motion does not contain a notice of hearing but such absence was not intended to deprive the court to determine whether the prosecution objects and, most certainly, not intended to deprive the prosecution to object to the said motion,” Napoles' camp, through counsel Erwin Legaspi, said in a reply to the prosecution.

The prosecution had stated in their opposition that Napoles must be immediately transferred to the Correctional Institution for Women (CIW) after she was convicted of plunder in connection with the Priority Development Assistance Fund of former senator Ramon “Bong” Revilla Jr. 

Napoles argued that there were threats to her life when she was imprisoned at the CIW after she was found guilty of serious illegal detention of her cousin and PDAF scam whistleblower Benhur Luy.

She reiterated that the threat still exists, aside from her contention that her conviction is not yet final.

“More importantly, pending finality of the decision of the honorable court, as she had experienced threats to her life and security when she was previously detained at the Correctional Institution for Women,” Legaspi said.