MANILA - Thousands of residents in Cagayan have been evacuated ahead of Typhoon Ramon's landfall on Tuesday, Governor Manuel Mamba said.
Some 4,877 individuals have been preemptively evacuated in different parts of the province while electricity has been cut off in Gonzaga and Sta. Ana towns.
The province has also suspended classes in all levels.
"Nakahanda po kami. Walang problema po sa paghahanda. Almost 1 week na po ito, Thursday pa lang inaantabayanan na namin," Mamba told radio DZMM.
"Sa paghahanda wala po kaming pagkukulang sa tingin ko, kaya lang po depende kasi sa dami ng tubig," he added, referring to the floods that inundated the province last week.
The flooding prompted the provincial board to place Cagayan under a state of calamity for the immediate release of funds for relief and rehabilitation.
Isabela Gov. Rodito Albano III, meanwhile, assured Mamba that his province would extend assistance to Cagayan.
"Tutulong kami dun sa taas kay Gov. Mamba, kung anuman ang kailangan nila," he said.
Albano said fair weather prevails over Isabela, with light rains on Monday night.