MANILA (2nd UPDATE)—Three powerful earthquakes have struck parts of Mindanao within a month, sending many residents in Cotabato province in a "state of panic" .
More than 10 people died and over 60 were injured due to the tremors, which started on Oct. 16. Houses and public buildings were also damaged, prompting local government officials to prohibit residents from staying in unstable structures.
Local officials have asked for donations and assistance for affected residents. In Makilala town in Cotabato, local officials said they need trucks to transport affected families to evacuation centers, adding they need tents, food, water, medicine, safety kits, utensils, and clothing for the residents.
Other quake-hit areas also appealed for tents, food, drinking water, among others. Cash donations are also accepted at various channels.
You can send or drop your donations at :
- Caritas Manila at 2002 Jesus St., Pandacan, Manila.
Banco De Oro - Account No.: 5600-45905
Bank of the Philippine Islands - Account No.: 3063-5357-01
Metrobank - Account No.: 175-3-17506954-3
Bank of the Philippine Islands - Dollar Account No. 3064-0033-55
Swift Code - BOPIPHMM
Philippine National Bank - Dollar Account No. 10-856-660002-5
Swift Code - PNBMPHMM
Donations can also be made via Cebuana Lhuillier (free of charge), or https://ushare.unionbankph.com/caritas/.
- Citizen's Disaster Response Center Foundation at 72-A Times St., West Triangle Homes, Quezon City
Metrobank - Account No.: 636-3-63600741-3
Dollar Account No.: 636-2-63600158-3 Swift Code - MBTCPHMM
PayPal - Account No.: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ABS-CBN Cotabato Station at 6th Street, Don E. Sero, Rosary Heights, Cotabato City
- Association of Philippine Volunteer Fire Brigades at 2142 Leveriza St. corner Quirino Ave. Malate, Manila
Tel No.: 8522-2222 / 8524-5588 / 8524-5599
- Mindanao People's Care Foundation at MPCFI Office, Esteros, Sinsuat Ave., RH-10, Cotabato City (near Husky Bus Terminal)
Metrobank - Account No.: 406-3-406-11119-0
Tel. No.: (064) 557-1397
Cellphone No.: 0936-057-9485 / 0965-452-2085