MANILA – Individuals looking to establish prostitution dens are not welcome in Makati, City Mayor Abigail Binay said Monday, following last week’s raid at a hotel which housed alleged Chinese prostitutes.
Authorities rescued 35 Chinese women inside a hotel allegedly used as a prostitution den in Makati City late Monday last week.
Binay said the hotel’s management leased three floors of the hotel to a Chinese national, who then allegedly turned it into a prostitution den.
“This is the biggest raid we have conducted on an illegal activity involving prostitution and Chinese nationals,” Binay told dzMM.
“This is not just about the Chinese, but to everybody in general: We mean business in Makati. Kung gagawa kayo ng illegal na aktibidad, gawin niyo sa ibang lugar, hindi pwede sa Makati iyan (If you will do something illegal, do it somewhere else. That's not allowed in Makati.)”
Last week’s raid on a sex ring involving Chinese was the fourth in Metro Manila in 2 months. Those arrested face complaints for violating Republic Act 10364, also known as the Expanded Anti-Trafficking in Persons Act of 2012.
Operatives of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) rescued 91 Chinese women and 4 Filipino women inside an upscale KTV bar in Makati City.
Police also rescued more than 50 Chinese women inside a 3-storey condominium building in Baclaran, Parañaque City on Sept. 19.
On Sept. 4, 6 Vietnamese women were rescued inside a condominium unit in Barangay San Antonio, Makati City.