ZAMBOANGA CITY - Fire damaged a 2-storey building occupied by US Marines inside the camp of the Armed Forces of the Philippines' Western Mindanao Command in Barangay Upper Calarian here Friday morning.
District Fire Marshall Fire Supt. Jhufel Brañanola said the alarm was received at 9 a.m. and the fire was elevated to second alarm.
Initial investigation showed that the fire originated in Room 102.
"Based sa initial investigation natin as revealed din sa mga evidence na nakuha natin, most likely electrical wirings kasi nag-tripped off ang circuit breaker sa isang room,” Brañanola said.
(Based on our initial investigation and the evidence we gathered, it revealed that most likely, it was caused by electrical wirings because the circuit breaker in one room tripped.)
Aside from the rooms, personal belongings of the soldiers were also destroyed in the fire.
No one was hurt in the incident.
The fire was declared out at 10:20 a.m.
The damage from the fire is estimated at P2 million, the Bureau of Fire Protection said.