MANILA - Grade 12 students who wish to pursue degrees in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) in college may now apply for the 2020 undergraduate scholarship program of the Department of Science and Technology-Science Education Institute (DOST-SEI).
Non-STEM students who belong to the top 5 percent of their graduating class are also welcome to apply.
The deadline for applications is on Sept. 6, while the nationwide examination will be held on Oct. 20.
Applicants must be natural-born Filipinos with good moral character and in good health.
DOST-SEI scholars will receive the following:
- Financial assistance of P40,000 per academic year to cover tuition and other school fees
- Living allowance of P7,000 per month
- Book allowance of P10,000 per academic year
- Transportation allowance for those who will be studying outside their home region
- Group accident insurance
- Graduation clothing allowance
Students may submit their requirements and accomplished application form to the DOST-SEI Science and Technology Scholarship Division office at the DOST Compound in Taguig City or any DOST Regional Office or Provincial Science and Technology Center.
Visit www.sei.dost.gov.ph for the complete list of requirements, application form, and priority programs.