Manila COVID-19 cases breach 1,300

ABS-CBN News

Posted at May 28 2020 02:33 AM

The number of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases in Manila rose by 23 on Wednesday, bringing the total to 1,301, its public information office said.

In its 5 p.m. bulletin, the city government said 14 patients have recovered from the disease, bringing the total recoveries to 384, while the death toll remained at 98.

Barangay Tondo 1 still has the most number of active cases of COVID-19 with 229, followed by Sampaloc with 101, and Tondo 2 with 82.

The number of probable COVID-19 cases in the city is at 752 while suspected cases are at 1,815.

 

Manila Mayor Isko Moreno earlier placed Sampaloc and the first district of Tondo under hard lockdown in an effort to contain the spread of the virus.

Metro Manila mayors earlier recommended to ease the lockdown in the capital region under the general community quarantine by June 1.

The Philippines now has 15,049 cases, with 904 fatalities and 3,506 recoveries so far.