MANILA — A man who allegedly offered a P200-million reward to anyone who would kill several ABS-CBN actors and blow up the network's headquarters surrendered Friday to the National Bureau of Investigation-Southeastern Mindanao.
The 25-year-old man, a diver in the Island Garden City of Samal in Davao Del Norte, denied that he owned the Twitter account that posted the reward and was since deactivated.
He also surrendered his cellphone to investigators.
Actress Angel Locsin mentioned the NBI in an Instagram post that showed a screenshot of the threat against her and fellow celebrities Kim Chiu, Kathryn Bernardo and Coco Martin, who had protested the broadcast shutdown of ABS-CBN.
"If Angel Locsin and other artists receive threats of physical harm or other means sent thru the social media and they feel these threats are serious, they have all the right to seek the assistance of the NBI so their concerns can be appropriately addressed," the agency said earlier this week.
Locsin, 35, said she had no plans to file a complaint against internet trolls threatening her safety.
With a report from Cheche Diabordo, ABS-CBN News