Duterte claims Trillanes, Otso Diretso produced 'Ang Totoong Narco-list' videos

Arianne Merez, ABS-CBN News

Posted at May 10 2019 10:47 PM

President Rodrigo Duterte alleged Friday that Senator Antonio Trillanes IV is behind the production of the controversial "Ang Totoong Narco-list" videos which accused the chief executive's family of getting drug payoffs. 

Duterte said the Magdalo Group and opposition senatorial slate Otso Diretso are also involved in the videos which featured "Bikoy," a hooded figure.

"Yung Bikoy, Magdalo ‘yan at Otso Diretso, produced by Senator Trillanes," the President said in Visayan during a speech at the miting de avance of the Hugpong ng Pagbabago - Hugpong sa Tawong Lungsod (HNP-HTL) Davao City District 1.

He earlier claimed that "Bikoy" is a soldier allied with Trillanes.

The "Ang Totoong Narco-list" videos claimed drug money was funneled into the bank accounts of Duterte's son former Davao City Vice Mayor Paolo Duterte, his son-in-law Atty. Manases Carpio, and former aide Christopher "Bong" Go. 

Earlier this week, a certain Peter Joemel Advincula went public and introduced himself as Bikoy.

Advincula surfaced days after the arrest of Rodel Jayme, who admitted to creating a website that hosted the Totoong Narco-list videos. Jayme said 2 supporters of the opposition Liberal Party tapped him to create the website, which it denied.

Advincula said he has no links to any political party or the LP-backed Otso Diretso lineup. 

"Wala akong kinalaman sa kahit sinong kandidato lalo na sa mga kandidato ng Otso Diretso, o political party," he said. 

(I have no connection to any candidate, especially the candidates of Otso Diretso, or any political party.) 

He also denied knowing Jayme, as well as any media personality or institution recently tagged by Malacañang of planning to overthrow the government. 

On the same week of Advincula's surrender, Malacañang accused the Magdalo Group and the Liberal Party of conspiring to discredit the President and to boost the candidacy of the Otso Diretso slate.

Trillanes, a member of the Magdalo, has denied involvement in the supposed movement to discredit President Duterte.

"Si Duterte ang nagpapatay ng libo-libong Pilipino; may bilyung bilyon pisong tagong yaman; gumigiba sa mga democratic institutions; minumura ang Diyos; at nag iimbento ng mga akusasyon sa mga kritiko nya; tapos kami ang nag didiscredit?" he said in a text message to ABS-CBN News Wednesday.

(Duterte had thousands of Filipinos killed, keeps billions of pesos in undeclared wealth, destroyed democratic institutions, cursed God and fabricated accusations against his critics, and we're the ones discrediting the government?)
 
Liberal Party President Senator Francis Pangilinan meanwhile slammed Malacañang for "falsely accusing" their party of involvement in supposed ouster plots.

"This is the nth time that the administration, when confronted with controversy, falsely accuses the LP of being involved in ouster plots. Gawa-gawa lang yan (that's just fabricated)," he said.