MANILA - Senatorial aspirant Christopher Lawrence "Bong" Go on Wednesday dismissed as "desperate fabrication" an online video linking him to a narcotics ring.
"Alam mo desperado na 'yung mga nag-iimbento (niyan). Duda ko 'yung nagsasalita diyan na nambibintang, 'yan siguro 'yung totoong drug lord," he said in a statement.
The YouTube video entitled, "Ang Totoong Narco List - Episode 3," claimed drug money is allegedly funneled into Go's bank accounts.
Go's bank accounts are allegedly under his relative's name, who supposedly won government contracts worth millions of pesos in Davao City when President Rodrigo Duterte was still mayor.
The information came from a certain "Bikoy," who claims to be a former record keeper of a narcotics ring operating in Southern Luzon and Visayas.
Bikoy claimed Go uses the code name "TESOROGOLF-TSG-002" and has a dragon tattoo on his back supposedly containing the alphanumeric code of his drug transactions.
Go said he is willing to take his clothes off in public to refute the allegations.
"Hinahamon ko muna na lumutang ang mga nag-aakusa. Kapag lumutang sila handa akong maghubad sa harap ng publiko anytime, anywhere," he said.
"Kapag wala silang napatunayan, dapat silang humingi ng tawad sa Pangulo at sa bayan at harapin ang kasalanan nila."
Go also warned drug dealers to never associate with him and the President.
"Hindi kami nakikipagkaibigan sa mga durugista at mga drug lords. 'Pag dumikit kayo sa amin delikado kayo," he said.
The Palace earlier dismissed the video sa propaganda, urging Go's accusers to file charges against him instead.
"That's pure and simple black propaganda. It's so easy to write a story and do a movie or video on that," Presidential spokesman Salvador Panelo said.
"Kung totoo iyun e di sana nag-file na sila ng charges. Wala naman silang fina-file."
Former Davao City vice mayor Paolo Duterte was also linked in the video to the illegal drug trade, which the President had already denied.