MANILA- President Rodrigo Duterte has established a mechanism for social benefits for uniformed personnel killed or wounded in state operations.
Police, soldiers and other uniformed personnel who are killed or wounded in state-sanctioned operations and their legitimate beneficiaries shall be entitled to specific social benefits under President Duterte's Executive Order No. 110.
"There is a need to enhance and rationalize existing assistance and benefits given to police, military, and their support units through a comprehensive social benefits program in recognition of their invaluable contribution to the pursuit of just and lasting peace," Duterte said in his order signed on Tuesday but made public only on Wednesday.
Below are the different forms of assistance under the Comprehensive Social Benefits Program:
- Special Financial Assistance- A lump sum
- Social Welfare Assistance- Enrollment in the Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program plus a monthly rice subsidy of 20 kilos or its cash equivalent
- Shelter Assistance- A housing unit or financial assistance for the repair of an existing housing unit
- Health and Medical Care Assistance- Payment of PhilHealth premiums, medical assistance for hospitalization, and provision of maintenance medicine from the Department of Health
- Educational Assistance- Educational assistance to a maximum of 2 children or other qualified beneficiaries
- Employment Assistance- "Reasonable assistance" for the employment of beneficiaries to be facilitated by the Department of the Interior and Local Government or the Department of National Defense
Other uniformed personnel who are entitled to the social benefits are those from the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology, Bureau of Fire Protection, Philippine Coast Guard, and support units of the military and police.
Read President Duterte's full Executive Order No. 110 here: