The Quezon City government late Thursday said the total number of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases in the city soared to 464, according to the Department of Health (DOH).
The number of COVID-19 cases with complete addresses in Quezon City is now at 310, which are still subject to validation, it added.
The total number of validated cases by the QC Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit is only 174 so far.
The city government said it has yet to validate the new cases recorded by the DOH.
"The sudden rise in confirmed cases is due to the database access given by the Department of Health (DOH) to the City Health Department," the city's media bulletin said.
"The City Health Department clarifies that the raw data from the DOH is subject to the validation of the Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit, health center staff, and barangay officials to ensure that these patients are actual residents of Quezon City. Corrections will be made as the city verifies these cases," it added.
The Quezon City government, meanwhile, said it has recorded 6 new fatalities, bringing the total coronavirus-related deaths to 33, also with 3 recoveries, raising the number to 14.
Eighteen barangays in the city have been placed under extreme enhanced community quarantine.
In an effort to contain the virus, decontamination efforts are ongoing in different barangays, city officials said.
As of Wednesday, a total of 496 locations in 142 barangays were disinfected.