Bongbong Marcos positive for COVID-19 but condition improving - spox

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Mar 31 2020 05:48 PM | Updated as of Mar 31 2020 05:59 PM

MANILA - Former senator Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos Jr. has tested positive for the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) but his condition has started to improve, his spokesperson said Tuesday. 

In a statement posted on Marcos' Facebook account, his spokesperson Victor Rodriguez said the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine released the former lawmaker's test result on March 28. 

 

“Gumaganda na ang kondisyong pangkalusugan ni dating Sen. Ferdinand ‘Bongbong’ Marcos, Jr. makaraang ihayag sa resulta ng clinical test na isinagawa ng Research Institute for Tropical Medicine (RITM) na siya’y positibo sa CoVid19,” Rodriguez said. 

(The health condition of former Sen. Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos Jr. is improving after RITM released his test results showing he is positive for COVID-19.) 

His sister Sen. Imee Marcos had bared last week that Marcos was "unwell" and took the coronavirus test. 

Marcos is undergoing treatment at an "isolation area," his spokesperson said. 

The former senator, son of the late dictator Ferdinand Marcos, had come from Spain, where tens of thousands had contracted the virus. 

He said he went to a hospital on March 14 after experiencing chest pains but went home as too many patients were waiting at the time. 

Rodriguez said Marcos left isolation on March 22 as he was rushed to the emergency room of an undisclosed hospital for having difficulty breathing. 

He was then tested for COVID-19 and told to undergo self-quarantine.