MANILA — Some schools across Metro Manila are suspended on Tuesday as a precaution against a deadly respiratory virus from China.
The new coronavirus, first discovered in the central Chinese city of Wuhan, had infected some 2,700 people and left at least 80 dead, Beijing said.
The following schools canceled classes, citing concerns over the pathogen.
The new coronavirus has caused alarm because of its similarity to SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome), which killed hundreds across mainland China and Hong Kong in 2002-2003.
A 5-year-old boy from Wuhan who was admitted in a Cebu hospital last week tested negative for the pathogen, health officials said Friday. With a report from Agence France-Presse