MANILA - Classes in several schools in Tagaytay City will resume on Monday after 2 weeks of suspension, its mayor said Friday.
Mayor Agnes Delgado-Tolentino said the following schools will resume classes on Jan. 27 following cleanup operations:
- Maitim Elementary School
- Maharlika Elementary School
- Carlos Batino Sr. Elementary School
- Patutong Malaki Elementary School
- Tagaytay City National High School
- Isidro Cuarda Elementary School
- Neogan Elementary School
- Mendez Crossing Elementary School
- Tagaytay City Integrated School
- Francisco P. Tolentino Integrated High School
- San Jose Elementary School
- Tagaytay City Central School
- Sungay Elementary School
- Tagaytay City Science National High School
- Kalabuso Elementary School
- Dapdap Elementary School
- Bulalo Main/Annex Elementary School
In Batangas, college and university classes resumed last Friday, Governor Hermilando Mandanas said.
Classes in elementary and high school will remain suspended until further notice, he added.
Water, beds, blankets needed
As of Friday morning, some 6,781 evacuees in Tagaytay's 3 evacuation centers are in need of drinking water, beds and blankets, hygiene kits and cleaning supplies, the city's disaster management office said.
Of this number, 540 are from the villages of Bagong Tubig, Sambong, Kaybagal South and Sungay West in Tagaytay. --Report from Bianca Dava, ABS-CBN News