MANILA (UPDATE) - Sen. Ronald "Bato" dela Rosa said Friday that the United States also canceled the visa of another police official involved in the enforcement of President Rodrigo Duterte's war on drugs.
Dela Rosa said this after baring Wednesday that his US visa had been canceled for an unknown reason.
The former Philippine National Police chief did not identify his former colleague, except that the official was involved in Oplan Tokhang, the controversial anti-drug campaign linked to extrajudicial killings.
"Isang retired general na-hold sa airport, hindi na natuloy dahil nga canceled daw 'yong visa niya," he told Senate reporters.
(A retired general was held at the airport and had to postpone his trip because his visa was canceled.)
"Active din siya noon [sa drug war]. Regional director siya noon," he said.
(He was also active at that time. He was a regional director.)
Dela Rosa said he also received reports that the US had also canceled the visas of all police officials who held high positions at the height of the drug war.
On Wednesday, Dela Rosa said the US canceled his 10-year multiple entry visa. He said the US Embassy in Manila did not explain why his visa was canceled.
In retaliation, President Rodrigo Duterte on Thursday threatened to scrap the Visiting Forces Agreement between the Philippines and the US, which governs the conduct of visiting American troops.