VENEZUELA WINS PAGEANT
MANILA – (UPDATED) Philippine bet Ahtisa Manalo nearly won the crown as she finished first runner-up in the Miss International 2018 pageant on Friday.
Mariem Velazco of Venezuela got her birthday wish as she won the title, succeeding Kevin Lilliana of Indonesia.
Candidates from South Africa, Romania, and Colombia were named second runner-up, third runner-up, and fourth runner-up, respectively.
The following, meanwhile, were given special awards:
* Singapore: Miss International Asia
* Argentina: Miss International America
* Netherlands: Miss International Europe
* South Africa: Miss International Africa
* Guam: Miss International Oceania
Miss International 2018 was held in Tokyo, Japan, and was shown live on the pageant’s Facebook page.
Manalo was hoping to be the Philippines’ seventh Miss International titleholder, after Kylie Verzosa in 2016.