MANILA – "Sa Mga Bituin na Lang Ibubulong" interpreted by JM De Guzman won this year's Himig Handog songwriting competition.
The announcement was made on “ASAP” on Sunday.
Composed by Kyle Raphael Borbon, the song is about the pain one goes through following a heartbreaking experience.
Although originally interpreted by De Guzman, it was Jason Dy who performed the piece during the grand finals.
Finishing in second place is "Wakasan" interpreted by Agsunta, followed by "Kababata" interpreted Kyla and Kritiko, "Mas Mabuti Pa" interpreted by Janine Berdin, and "Tinatapos ko na" interpreted by Jona at third, fourth and fifth places respectively.
The following compositions also received special awards:
- MYX Choice for Best Music Video – Sugarol
- MOR Philippines Choice– Sugarol
- Star Music's Choice – Mas Mabuti Pa
- TFC’s Global Choice for Favorite Song – Sugarol
- One Music PH’s Choice for Favorite Interpreter – Sam Mangubat (Wala Kang Alam)
- Best Produced Track/Music Producer - Tinatapos Ko Na