MANILA – For the first time since recovering from COVID-19, actress Iza Calzado thanked everyone who supported her throughout her ordeal.
In a pre-recorded message which aired on “ASAP Natin ‘To” on Sunday, Calzado said she will always be grateful for the support and prayers she’s received during this difficult time in her life.
She then encouraged everyone to continue praying until the battle against the COVID-19 has been won over.
“Gusto kong magpasalamat sa inyong lahat, sa inyong tulong at sa inyong dasal. Sana po ay patuloy tayong magdasal at lumaban dahil kasama po ang ating mga frontliners, sama-sama tayong magdadamayan bilang Pilipino,” she said.
In was last March 30 when Calzado’s manager Noel Ferrer announced that her test result confirmed she no longer has the COVID-19.
Calzado first revealed on March 25 she had been suffering from pneumonia. Three days later, Ferrer said that his ward tested positive for COVID-19.
Calzado is the second showbiz personality to be infected with COVID-19, after screen veteran Christopher de Leon.