MANILA - Philippine Airlines and Cebu Pacific said flights to Mindanao would push through as scheduled on Thursday despite a strong earthquake there earlier in the day.
Philippine Airlines flights to Davao, General Santos and Cotabato cities will operate as usual after its airport and ticket office administrators carried out initial structural security inspections, PAL spokesperson Cielo Villaluna said in a statement.
With normal power supply, airport and city ticketing offices in the affected areas are also open to serve passengers, the flag carrier said.
In a separate statement, Cebu Pacific said flights would continue "as scheduled."
"Our flights in Mindanao will fly as scheduled. Announcements will be made as soon as we have confirmed we will need to cancel flights," the country's largest carrier told ABS-CBN News.
The magnitude 6.5 earthquake struck past 9 a.m. off Tulunan, North Cotabato. It was the third tremor to hit Mindanao this month.