MANILA - Arriving international passengers at the Mactan-Cebu International Airport are encouraged to adhere to strict health protocols, its operator said Friday.
Although all international commercial flights remain suspended, international passengers arrive through international sweeper flights, or rerouted flights from Manila, MCIA said in a statement.
List of protocols for arriving international passengers:
- The following must be presented:
- Valid passport
- Valid visa with proof of filiation or marriage if applicable
- Proof of pre-booked Cebu hotel accommodation for returning non-OFW Filipinos or foreign nationals
- OWWA mandated requirements for overseas Filipino workers
- Completed forms from the Bureau of Quarantine including: health declaration form, patient profile sheet (2 copies), passenger undertaking form, case investigation form for COVID-19, laboratory request form, OWWA project case form (for OFWs)
- All passengers must undergo COVID-19 RT-PCR swab test upon arrival and MCIA. Results are available within 24 to 48 hours from the time the last passenger on the same flight gets tested.
Arriving international passengers should refer to the step-by-step guide provided by the MCIA:
Step 1. Upon arrival, proceed to thermal scanning by the Bureau of Quarantine. Submit the following completed forms:
- Health Declaration Form
- Patient Profile Sheet (2 copies)
- Passenger Undertaking Form
- Case Investigation Form for COVID-19
- Laboratory Request Form
- OWWA Project Case Form, if OFW
Step 2. Proceed to Immigration for clearance.
Step 3. Proceed to the following counters at the Arrival Reclaim Hall:
- For OFW: OWWA counter
- For returning non-OFW Filipinos and foreign nationals: Cashier counter
- (PHP and Visa card are accepted. For other currencies, proceed to the foreign exchange counter at the arrivals area.)
- For other inquiries: DOT, DILG, and DOH counters
Step 4. Proceed to the waiting area for swab testing.
Step 5. Submit the completed Laboratory Request Form and undergo PCR swab test. Once swab test has been completed, wear the orange band/sticker on your right wrist to indicate that the swab test is done.
Step 6. Claim your baggage at the assigned reclaim belt.
Step 7. Proceed to waiting area and wait for a representative from the respective agencies for Customs clearance:
- OWWA for OFWs
- Accredited hotel liaison officers for returning non-OFW Filipinos and foreign nationals
Step 8. Proceed to Customs for clearance.
Step 9. Proceed to your designated vehicle with your respective agency representative for hotel drop-off.
Step 10. Wait for an email of the swab test result from the Bureau of Quarantine to be released after 24-48 hours.
Domestic flights gradually resumed in June, after Metro Manila and other areas shift to general community quarantine from an 11-week lockdown due to COVID-19.